For more information about e-safety please refer to the school website, www.bureparkprimary.org, for the school’s policy.
Children are taught about the rules for Internet Safety, as part of the curriculum. They are taught to always think about their personal safety first when using I.C.T., a mobile phone, tablet etc.
- Parents should always be aware of what their children are looking at/programs they are using at home and ensure that this is age appropriate.
- Do not give out any personal information online to anyone that you do not know (and remember that it is easy for anyone to lie about who they are online). This includes your full name, address, school name, contact number and passwords.
- Only visit websites suitable for children of your age.
- Report any unpleasant messages, pictures or inappropriate websites, encountered at school, to a member of staff.
- Never meet people that you have only spoken to online.
- Never give out pictures online or over a mobile unless you know the person in real life; think carefully about pictures that you do share.
- Never go on to web-cam with people you don’t know in real life.
- Be polite and show respect when communicating with others.
- Think! Whenever you send a text/post a message on social media it will stay. You may delete it but it still remains in a virtual archive and can be accessed if it needs to be!